Dear Colleagues and Partners!
The Saint-Petersburg Public Aquarium and Eurasian Regional Association of Zoos and Aquariums (EARAZA) and the Union of Zoos and Aquariums of Russia (SOZAR) invite you to participate in 4th International Conference "Public Aquarium in The Modern World". It will take place on May 20 to 22, 2020, in the Saint-Petersburg Public Aquarium and International Business Centre Neptun.
The main purpose of the Conference is to bring together experts in the maintenance and construction of public aquariums, to exchange experience and business relations in design, construction and other aspects of maintenance of public aquarium complexes.
The Conference program:
• Aquatic organisms in Aquariums. Species composition, increasing collection’s attractiveness for visitors, husbandry, culture and replenishment of collections. Transportation of the hydrobionts.
• Life Support Systems (LSS). Principle approaches to LSS development for different species of hydrobionts (animals and plants), innovative technological decisions. Water preparation. Operational experience under current conditions. Hydrochemistry. Control of specified water parameters. Methods, protocols and procedures in use. Automatic test and control systems.
• Veterinary. Quarantine. Diseases of aquatic vertebrates in captive husbandry. Actual methods of diagnosis and treatment. Veterinary Pharmacology.
• Economic aspects in public aquarium maintenance. Operating expenses in operation of a public aquarium. Role of advertising in marketing.
• Modern approaches to designing and building aquariums. Entertainment centers as a perspective in aquarium development (including design and construction of new aquariums, zoning, exposition area arrangement, decoration technics of dry zones and area inside the aquariums). Multimedia and interactive technologies of different types.
• Work with visitors. Educational and other programs to attract different categories of visitor population. Interactive technologies in exposition area arrangement.
• Round tables:
o Chubarov S. Plants in water exposures of public aquariums
o Menshikova N. Modern legal framework for aquariums
o Korobkov A. Environmental education based on public aquarium expositions.
• Exhibition (specialized equipment)
• Visiting of Saint Petersburg Public Aquarium: behind the scenes tour of engineering and quarantine zones.
During the conference we are looking forward to working with leading experts in the design, building and maintenance of public aquarium complexes, life support systems and veterinary.
Detailed information about the Conference program can be found on the Conference website: www.pamw-conference.com
You are welcome to register through the Conference website.